Where we are right now

WHERE WE ARE RIGHT NOW IS
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK

Thursday, September 27, 2012

LICK (SALT LICK AND LICK ICE CREAM)

In the last few days we have gone to IKEA, eaten at a favorite diner, had Ed's phone looked at by an Apple employee, and had lunch with Mike and Vickie at the Salt Lick BBQ.  IKEA was a destination in itself. Ed had never been in one and I thought he would enjoy it. We had their Swedish Meatball lunch and then I surprised Ed with ice cream at a little place called LICK. Oh my was this the absolute best ice cream I think I have ever had.  At the LICK their ice cream is made from all natural and organic ingredients all from Texas. They had flavors like Roasted Beets and Fresh Mint, Pecan Street Pralines and Cream, Goat Cheese, Thyme and Honey, and Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt and Olive Oil. My favorite was the Goat Cheese. Another day when we went looking for the Apple store we stopped at Amy's Ice Cream. It is another artisan ice cream shop and both of us had Mexican Vanilla ice cream.  I can say it was a flavor I will attempt to recreate at home. WOW it was excellent.

Yesterday we met Mike and Vickie at their flag store in Wimberley Texas. It is Eagle Mountain Flags and they took us to the Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood Texas.  That is about 15 miles from their store and almost to Austin. The Salt Lick has been on Food Network a number of times and has probably been on other channels as well. It was fantastic and I had to buy several bottles of their sauce to give as gifts.


Outside The Salt Lick BBQ




Look at this Pit

Can you believe this is in the Texas Hill Country??
This is an Italian Restaurant and Vineyard in Driftwood Texas




No comments:

Post a Comment